David Andrzejewski is a Software Engineer at MICROS-Retail (Datavantage Corporation)
Computer Software | Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area, US
In my years at MICROS-Retail (formerly Datavantage), I have worn a few hats. I started as a Technical Support Representative I, moved on to become a Technical Support Representative II, and Corporate Systems Engineer. I am now a Software Engineer on our Research and Development team.
I am responsible for one of our products which is a behind-the-scenes environment for our market-leading point-of-sale product, Store21. I also work with the environment for our newer Java-based POS product, Xstore.
Currently, I am developing and Java and GWT. I am also responsible for supporting and continuing development on applications written in Python and Borland Delphi.
I seek positions where I can utilize these skills and increase my skill level and knowledge base.
Specialties: Microsoft Windows, Linux, BSD, UNIX shell scripting, IBM Object REXX, MS SQL Server, RemoteWare/Xcellenet/CONNECT:Remote (2.51 - 4.3), Afaria, OS/2 Warp, Some Borland Delphi and Python. Java, GWT.
2007 - Present
Associate Software Engineer / Micros Retail Systems
• Led the development and maintenance of our “Environment” applications which are responsible for security and maintenance of point of sale systems in the field, and are installed on all of our hundreds of thousands of in-store systems.
• Worked with our operations department on support issues with the Environment applications.
• Rewrote the web configuration and status interface for Xpay, our payment gateway solution, in GWT.
• Investigated and made recommendations on mobile device management solutions for the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad platform, to help support our customers’ integration of our iOS solution.
• Converted our continuous-integration server from CruiseControl to Hudson.
• Updated and managed the Ant build processes for several of our applications.
• Responsible for the installation processes of all current applications, including our Xstore POS system, Relate CRM application, and Xpay payment gateway solution.
• Managed my team’s VMware ESXi servers.
Corporate Systems Engineer / MICROS-Retail (Datavantage Corporation)
• Develop solutions to integrate the point of sale products (Store21, Xstore and TradeWind) with customer host systems (merchandise management) and our own corporate office products such as loss prevention and reporting (XBR Store Analytics).
• Develop, support and maintain polling solutions using RemoteWare and Afaria to support data movement between retail stores and corporate offices.
• Developed scripting solutions using REXX and VBScript to enhance the capabilities of said polling solutions.
• Develop, support and maintain ETL environments for translation of data between point of sale and host merchandise management systems using UNIX shell scripting and Delphi.
• Provide on-site consulting and training for customers using our corporate systems products.
• Support and maintain our in-house credit card settlement product.
• Develop and maintain Windows-based WhatsUp network monitoring system, and used VBScript to enhance monitoring process.
Operations Analyst / OEConnection
• Responsible for monitoring and day-to-day operations of business systems.
• Created web-based task management system in PHP.
• Worked with Linux and Nagios for automated network monitoring.
Technical Support Specialist II / MICROS-Retail (Datavantage Corporation)
Upper-level support for Technical Support Specialist I. Issues that could not be resolved by Level 1 support were escalated to Level 2 support. Supported store associates with advanced hardware and software problems over the phone and interactively via software like pcAnywhere, VNC, Remote Administrator, Webex, et. al.
Technical Support Specialist I / MICROS-Retail (Datavantage Corporation)
First line of support for incoming help desk calls. Phone-based troubleshooting of hardware and software issues with store associates in the field.